Kēdārnāth Mandir (Kedarnath Temple) is a Hindu temple (shrine) dedicated to Lord
Shiva. Located on the Garhwal Himalayan range near the Mandakini river, Kedarnath is
located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Due to extreme weather conditions, the
temple is open to the general public only between the months of April (Akshaya Tritriya)
and November (Kartik Purnima - the autumn full moon). During the winters, the vigrahas
(deities) from Kedarnath temple are carried down to Ukhimath and where the deity is
worshiped for the next six months. Kedarnath is seen as a homogenous form of Lord
Shiva , the 'Lord of Kedar Khand', the historical name of the region.
The temple is not directly accessible by road and has to be reached by a 16 kilo meters
uphill trek from Gaurikund. According to a mythological account, the god Shiva agreed
to dwell here at the request of Nara-Narayana. After the Kurukshetra War, the Pandava
brothers, came here to meet Shiva on the advice of the sage Vyasa, because they
wanted to seek forgiveness for killing their kin during the war. However, Shiva did not
want to forgive them: so, he turned into a bull and hid among the cattle on the hill. When
the Pandavas managed to track him, he tried to disappear by sinking himself head-first
into the ground. The Pandava brothers then built the first temple at Kedarnath. The
portions of Shiva's body later appeared at four other locations; and collectively, these
five places came to be known as the five Kedaras ("Panch Kedar").
Fare / Return Tickets
Only return tickets can be booked through advance booking.
*Rates are inclusive of GST
All passengers are required to produce a valid ticket issued by Global Vectra.
All Passengers must produce their AADHAR CARD in original at the time of Check in without which Boarding shall be denied.
All passengers holding our Online Ticket must produce the Credit / Debit Card from which the booking was made failing which the Boarding shall be denied.
All Passengers must produce a Valid Biomatrix card, the cards can be procured from GMVN offices at Guptkashi, Phata and Sitapur
During the previous yatras, the Badrinath & Kedarnath Temple committee (BKTC) has made it mandatory for the Pilgrims visiting the Holy shrine by Helicopter to purchase the Priority Darshan Pass. The Priority Darshan passes are available at the Ticketing counter of all the Helicopter Operators, the Cost of Priority Darshan Pass during 2018 Yatra was Rs. 2,500/- per person. The price for Priority Darshan Pass for 2019 Yatra (If applicable) shall announced by the BKTC.The entire proceeds generated from the sale of the Priority Darshan passes go into the accounts of BKTC, the Helicopter Operator has No role or any share in the revenue generated from such sale.
1. Increase your fitness. Start at least a month prior to the Yatra at least a 4-5km
Morning/Evening walk. For Improving the oxygen efficiency of your body.
2. It is advisable to go for boiled, cooked or fried food as they are a safer bet over anything that is cold or raw.
3. Carry a mosquito/insect repellent wherever you go to avoid diseases like malaria or simply even the itchy discomfort.
4. It is advisable to carry your own personal medical kit and First aid box with basic emergency medicines diarrhoea, fever etc. Also, keep on your personal band-aids and an antiseptic ointment.
5. Do carry heavy woollens, body warmers, wind cheaters, raincoats, water-proof shoes with grip, torch with sufficient batteries and walking sticks. Keep spare clothes and eatables in a suitable water proof bag.
6. Take Palkis/Horses instead of trekking to avoid high altitude sickness. Hire only a registered Pony Walla or porter only.
7. Take short breaks to catch your breath when tired.
8. Women are advised to wear salwar kameez or trousers or track suit rather than wearing Saree, as it not suitable for the yatra trek. Ladies who are more than 6 weeks pregnant shall not be allowed to undertake the pilgrimage.
9. Carry some cold cream/Vaseline/sunscreen to protect your hands /face against sunburn etc. Wearing a cap to avoid the sun is effective and advisable.
10. Keep in your pocket your identity card with emergency contact number, in case of an emergency.
11. Initially, at least, avoid excessive alcohol and strenuous activity to stave off heat stroke.
1. Don't exert yourself too much and go out of breath.
2. Avoid cold salads, raw vegetable and drinks with ice.
3. Don't ignore any symptoms such as extreme tiredness, headache, nausea,loss of appetite or vomiting.
4. Don't stop at places which are marked by warning notices.
5. Don't use slippers because there are steep rises and falls on the route to the Holy Cave. Only wear trekking shoes with laces.
6. Don't attempt any short cuts on the route as doing so would be dangerous.
7. Don't walk far from ponies carrying your luggage.
8. Don't trek alone. Always stay together as a group. Your mobile network may not work at Kedarnath, only BSNL works.
1. Passengers are required to check in at least 1 hour prior to the departure of the flight at Sitapur / Kedarnath. For Kedarnath to Sitapur sector, passengers will be boarded on a First Come First Basis subject to availability of seats
2. Passengers proceeding by flights from Sitapur after 2 PM will not be able to avail of return flight on the same day. Such passengers will need to put up for a night at Kedarnath Dham at their own cost and they will be picked up from Kedarnath the next day on first come first serve basis
3. Priority Darshan Slip of Rs 2500 per person shall be charged by the Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee (BKTC), same can be availed from our booking office at Sitapur
4. All passengers will be subjected to security screening prior to boarding the helicopter as per applicable regulations. GVHL reserves to itself the right to refuse to carry any person whom it considers unfit to travel or who in the opinion of GVHL may constitute a risk to the aircraft or to the persons on board.
5. If at any stage it is found that the helicopter is overloaded, GVHL will have the right to decide which passengers or article shall be offloaded and such decision shall be binding.
6. GVHL is not liable for any loss or damage occasioned by delay in the carriage by air of passengers or baggage. Receipt without complaint of registered baggage on the termination of the journey shall be prima facie evidence that the baggage has been delivered correctly and in good condition.
7. Carriage of dangerous goods/articles is not permitted. Restricted articles include but are not limited to compressed gases, corrosives, explosives, flammable liquids, solids, radioactive materials, poisons, infectious substances and brief cases with installed alarm devices.
8. In case of medical emergency, GVHL reserves the right to board the Patient with one attendant on priority.
Q.1: When does the Kedarnath Yatra commence?
Ans : Shri Kedarnath Ji temple opens from Akshaya Tritiya on 9 th May, 2019 and closes on Bhai Dooj 29 th October, 2019.
Q.2: When does the booking for Kedarnath ji start?
Ans : It is likely that the Uttrakhand Civil Aviation Development Authority (UCADA) shall complete the Tender process and shortlist Helicopter Operators by the end of April’19, the Bookings are likely to commence thereafter.
Q.3: How to make Book Tickets Online?
Ans : Please note that this website is best viewed and is optimized for desktop browser.
1. Once the User Logs in, the session stays active for 15 minutes. You must finish the booking in this time period.
2. Do not use the back or forward button on the browser while booking the tickets, to go back please click Search Tickets.
3. Only Visa / Mastercard based credit / debit cards are acceptable, American Express cards are not allowed.
4. Once you have paid for your tickets, please note that your ticket will be emailed to your registered email ID and you will receive the ticket confirmation details via an SMS on your registered Mobile Number.
5. In case the payment is deducted from the Users Debit /Credit Card but the Ticket transaction is not successful, in such cases the Users are requested to check their registered Email ID / Mobile Number for Ticket confirmation message, if the confirmation is not received the User are requested to wait for a minimum of 30 Minutes before contacting the Helicopter Operator’s office on firstname.lastname@example.org
6. All passengers who have booked their tickets Online, must produce the Debit / Credit card in original thru which the Ticket is purchased.
7. All Passengers (including Children) must present their Aadhar Card in original at the time of Check in, without which they will Not be allowed to Board.
Q.4: What documents are needed?
Ans : All passengers must present the following Documents at the Time of Check in:
a) Valid copy of the (Online) Ticket purchased.
b) Original Credit / Debit card thru which the Ticket has been purchased.
c) Original copy Aadhar Card
d) Bio-Metric registration card
Q.5: Is it mandatory to purchase the Priority Darshan Pass?
Ans : During the previous yatras, the Badrinath & Kedarnath Temple committee (BKTC) has made it mandatory for the Pilgrims visiting the Holy shrine by Helicopter to purchase the Priority Darshan Pass. The Priority Darshan passes are available at the Ticketing counter of all the Helicopter Operators, the Cost of Priority Darshan Pass during 2018 Yatra was Rs. 2,500/- per person. The price for Priority Darshan Pass for 2019 Yatra (If applicable) shall announced by the BKTC.
The entire proceeds generated from the sale of the Priority Darshan passes go into the accounts of BKTC, the Helicopter Operator has No role or any share in the revenue generated from such sale.
Q.6: Where is the Global Vectra Helicorp Helipad?
Ans : Global Vectra Helipad is 25 kms from Guptkashi and 15 Kms after Phata Village. Our Helipad address is Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd, Kanha Helipad,Sonprayag, Triyuginarayan Road, Sitapur, Phata, Dist. Rudraprayag -246471.
The driving time from Guptkashi to the Helipad is around One Hours, however,during peak season (May – June) the traffic volume is very high and it takes minimum Two – Three Hours to complete the journey.
Q.7: Where can I do my biometric registration and medical check-up?
Ans : Medical check-up can be done at the following sites:
Biometric Registration Counters Locations in Chardham Yatra 2019
Q.8: Can I buy one-way tickets?
|Place in Chardham Yatra
||Registration Counter Location
||Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay Parking
||Roadways Bus Stand
Ans : Yes, the One-Way tickets are available only from our Current Ticketing Counter at Sitapur.
Q.9: Mobile Networks and Connectivity?
Ans : At Sitapur most mobile networks like Airtel, Vodafone, Jio and BSNL work. However, data services may or may not work. At Kedarnath only BSNL network works and it doesn’t work very well. In case you are lost or lose any of your group members, there is a Public Announcement (PA) system near the Kedarnath